Parents Frequently Asked Questions

Here you will find our most frequently asked questions by parents along with an informative response.

My child is going to be late/ has a dr/dentist appointment - who do I contact & how?

To inform the school that your child is going to be late or has an appointment you will need to contact Miriam Walker the schools’ Attendance Officer.

You can contact the school by…

  • Phoning the Parentline number 01484 691468 (outside of school hours)
  • Phoning the school number 01484 691460 using the absence line extension 244
  • Via email –
When are the teacher training days this year?

All our term dates including teacher training days can be found on the ‘School term dates’ page on our website. See link below

Teacher Training Days

When are the school non-uniform days and how will parents be informed of these?

Non uniform days are listed on the school calendar once confirmed. The full school calendar can be accessed via the link below.

School calendar

My child has lost xxx - how do we find it?

All lost property is handed in to Miss Louise Holden our School Welfare Officer. Her office is located in the school reception and your child can call in any time outside of lesson time to see if their lost item has been handed in.

My child was very upset about something today, who should I talk to?

Student welfare is very important to us. We have lots of useful information and guidance online as well a broad range of in-school support services that may be of use to you. Please see the link below for useful online information and information about the services we can offer.

Well-Being Support

As well as the support services we have to offer, you can also contact your child’s form tutor who will be happy to support you and your child.

If you feel your child is upset due to a safeguarding concern, you may wish to contact a member of the safeguarding team directly. You can find the schools safeguarding team on the key school contact’s page linked below.

Key school contacts

How do I get my child some extra help in ....?

If you are seeking additional academic support then your child’s subject teacher would be the first point of contact.

For non academic support you may wish to contact your child’s form tutor in the first instance. Alternatively if you are seeking emotional support for your child you may find the link below to our support services useful.

Well-Being Support

My child has misplaced their tie this morning can they borrow one from school?

Yes. Students can borrow a tie from school by going to reception however, before students go to reception they will need to get a note in their planner from their form tutor.

How do I contact my child's (subject) teacher?

Email communication is used by staff on a daily basis and is a good way of making contact directly with them.

Our staff email addresses follow the format:

For example, if we had a staff member called Andrew Smith, his email address would be:

You can find a full list of your child’s teachers on the school ‘My Ed’ app.

Who are the SLT and what are their roles and responsibilities?

Key school contacts including the schools senior leadership team can be found on our Contact Us page via the link below.

Contacts Us

Who are the Heads of Departments and Heads of Year?

Heads of Department can be seen listed on each individual subject page. You can access the subject pages via the link below.


Other key school contacts can be found on our contact us page

Contacts Us

How can I inform the school of any changes contact details or home address for myself or child?

Each year are invited to sign up to the SIMS Parent data collection platform. We urge parents to check and update their details to inform the school. If your details change at any other point during the year you can also let us know by emailing or phoning the school.

Find our more about SIMS Parent via the link below.

SIMS Parent

If I require a paper copy of anything on the website what should I do?

Make contact with the school who will provide with a copy free of charge.