Holmfirth High School is a happy, vibrant, respectful and caring place to learn and work. Above all we value strong relationships with and between our students and staff, relationships built on mutual trust and support for one another. We unashamedly place the interest of our students first and strive for them to leave us as confident decent well-rounded individuals who have achieved as highly as possible. We demonstrate a relentless drive to look after the well-being of all who learn and work in our school.
Our school is a caring positive learning community where everyone has a passion for learning, feels safe and happy, and has a desire to grow intellectually, spiritually, physically and emotionally. We seek for every student to achieve highly within a broad, creative, challenging, dynamic and engaging curriculum. We build on our successful partnerships within education, sport, the arts, music, business and culture to extend academic challenge, participation and opportunity for all. We value community and empower people to change their lives and that of their community for the better. Our students leave feeling equipped to contribute fully to society and have the social confidence to seize all opportunities, and truly stand as equals in any situation.
Our Shared Values
- Justice and Integrity – Respect the rule of law, always aim to do the right thing and encourage others to do the same
- Kindness and Courtesy – Be an emotionally intelligent community capable of understanding the feelings of others
- Respect and Compassion – Engage perceptively and caringly with the world around us, showing understanding and celebrating diversity
- Equality and Inclusion – Provide and promote opportunity for all
- Honesty and Trustworthiness – Earn the loyalty and confidence of others, showing we value and genuinely care for them
- Hard Work and Enterprise – Celebrate and encourage effort, initiative and creativity
- Responsibility and Leadership – Appreciation and understanding of their role in our school, providing leadership opportunities, a sense of belonging and achievement